Skip to main content

The Critics Are In !

 Hey guys and welcome to my final production blog of AICE Media! It has been a long journey from going to AS level to A Level and you guys have followed me the entire time. This short film has probably been the hardest project due to all the moving parts of it. By moving parts, I mean so many aspects such as the website, the postcard, AND the movie. But, now that we reshot more film for our movie , we were finally within the time frame. Now that we were in the time frame, it was time to hear from the critics. So, in our group we each got 3 different people to view our film and to give us feedback. I was able to get 3 of my friends to view the film. First I sent it to my friend Isa, who is also in media. The feedback that I got from her was that she didn't like the "scary" music in the beginning but she understood the concept. To give more clarity, the music in the beginning  was meant to give off comedy from the quick transition of scary music to upbeat music. This was a decision made by Andres' and I, Kyra and Yasmin weren't too sold on this idea. Another piece of criticism I received is she seemed to be confused on why Kyra was both the nurse and wife. The whole meaning behind this decision was because the guy was in the hospital the only person he has been really "seeing" was Kyra. So, she so happened to keep popping up in his dream. But, we also received feedback about the confusion between the past and present and the order of certain clips. So, once everyone got all their feedback we would send it all in our group chat and decide what we though. We ended up taking some things back from the critic by adding in a filter between flashbacks so it is more crystal clear and we also made our titles more bigger. We decided to go very simple for our titles as we wanted the audience to really just pay attention to our film because its one of those films where you won't understand it unless you pay close attention, especially due to it being a mystery. Well, that's it everyone, it has been a long journey and thank you for being here with me, this is Marvin officially signing off!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FINAL TASK CCR BLOG

 Hey guys, here is my CCR based off my final task short film "The Glitch". It has been a crazy journey and I can't believe this is my final blog. This is Marvin signing off and until next time

"THE GLITCH" OPENING SEQUENCE

Hey guys and welcome back! It has been an insane journey and I can't believe that the movie is finished. There has been ups and downs with us having to remove parts, make up for time, and etc but, I hope you guys enjoy the final product and we did this to the best we could! Watch the opening sequence to our short film, "The Glitch" down below!

Editing Blog: Adding Scenes + Making Changes

 Hey guys and welcome back to my final production blog! You previously heard how I had my friends peer-review what I had for my short film so far. In the next blog, I post you guys will finally get to see the finishing product. In this blog I will tell you about the process I went through re-editing. I decided to re-edit because not only did we film more stuff but we also got feedback. I continued editing on the app CapCut on my phone because it was so easy to work with. First, I added in the new ending that we came up with. When editing though, I realized that the ending was kind of short. So throughout the rest of my editing I knew I had to make up for the timing in the titles. I made sure that I used the same effects on all the titles except for one. The one title that had a different effect was the actual title of the movie. I wanted to use a different effect for the title because I wanted to add a more enhanced glitch effect and the reason I did this is because I really want the v