Skip to main content

Genre Research: Comedy

 Hey guys and welcome back to my blog. Today, I'll continue covering and researching genres with today's genre being comedy. There are usually very common angles that go across all realms of comedy film. One is the close up, which a lot of directors use to comedic effect. Another is the establishing shot, which is often used to r begin segments. The establishing shots used are also to bring the actors to a new scene with a comedic interaction. Another common one is the POV shot, which is often used during or after the comedic event. Next, the lights. It depends, but often times are scenes usually light and vibrant to emphasize the comedy, unless otherwise obvious. Acting is vey vibrant, and over the top because a lot of the comedic effect is combined with the actors and the camera to really bring it all to life. Movement is where comedy movies can really shine. For example, if a pole hits a camera and makes it shake to imitate the movement. Props are also really important. Whether it be a gun, a random object, or something goofy, they vary greatly depending on the intention in comedy films. Sounds tend to be really goofy as well, being loud, comical, and really trying to get that laugh from the viewer.For editing, it remains relatively short, with maybe a pan here or a crop there. Films like this include Deadpool, Hail, Caesar!, and Spy. I really like the goofy camera moving, and the really funny, almost comical, camera shots and movement that combine to bring the movie together. I also like the comedic dialogue between the actors What I don't like, though, is the sound and oftentimes the props, I  don't really want to focus on those if I were to do a comedy. The props I feel like sometimes tend to take away from the actual comedic purpose. That's a wrap on comedy , see you next time where you will learn about a new genre!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard Blog

Storyboard Blog First Scene-  In the first scene, a couple is madly in love. They have just came off of a date and the girl has a rose in her hand given to her by her significant other. They are walking holding hands down the pathway.  Second Scene- In the second scene, the significant other breaks up with the girl. This absolutely crushes her and she becomes very emotional. She becomes this emotional not only because of the breakup but also because of how shocking and off guard it was.  Third Scene- In the Third scene , the girl turns to something that she always knows will make her feel better. She puts on her headphones to try to get over the heartbreak that her boyfriend just put her through and she is trying to cope with her feelings. Fourth Scene- After the girl puts on her headphones , she goes to her phone and turns on a song. This is the part where the music will come in and begin playing. She will begin playing the song “Save Your Tears” by The Weeknd, one of he...

Here's My Commercial!

Hello everyone, here is my commercial. I had a great time filming with my group. Make sure you guys support the Fort Lauderdale Mock Trial Team, you can follow us on Instagram @flhs.mocktrial !

Group Blog

 Hello everyone and thank you for finding my group blog for my music video. I had a group for my commercial which was composed of Mya, Kyra, and I. But, for this project our group has gotten smaller and is now composed of just Mya and I. Kyra decided she wanted to work with a new group this time which we fully respect and we both still are great friends with Kyra. I chose to continue working with Mya because of her work ethic. Mya is great when it comes to group project because she gets stuff done. When we did our commercial, Mya would always remind Kyra and I in a group chat when we had due dates for the commercials. Mya would also always get her part of the project done within enough time for the rest of us to review it and make any changes if we needed to but there were always hardly any changed needed to be made. Another reason I decided to work with Mya again was because of her leadership when filming. When we were filming our commercial Mya would take charge without taking ov...