Skip to main content

Title Research: Get Out

Hey guys , welcome back to my blog! Today, I will be researching the different titles of movies and the titles I will be looking at today come from the movie "Get which I got from the "Art of the Title" website you read about earlier. I will not answer the questions about the opening sequence below.


 1. What titles are displayed during the opening sequences?

During the opening sequence of the "Get Out" movie many titles are displayed. Specifically the title of the production companies, the title of the movie, the actors and actresses, the name of the casting head, the head of the music for the film, the maker of the music, the costume designer, the editor for the film, the production designer, the photography director, the producers, the executive producers, and finally the director who is also the writer. 

2. What images are prioritized in the opening sequences?

In this film, the opening sequence the images prioritized seem normal. When watching a movie, you tend to watch the trailer first and knowing this movie is a horror, but in the opening sequence theres pictures of baking, taking pictures, the woods, and of people shaving. 

3. What connotations do these images carry?

I think that the images within itself connotate an even more spooky vibe. Knowing this movie is a horror, you expect to see gore immediately but the fact that these images carry a normal connotation but gives off a scary vibe. 

4. How does the film establish a feeling of the genre from the outset?

The opening sequence establishes the feeling of the genre horror because it creates tension and unease through how normal the images are. Knowing this movie is a horror, it becomes more scary because it gives a fear of the unknown as what you expect is not being show . From the opening sequence it seems happy. But, that fear it invokes of being questionable builds the horror genre's overall sense.

5. What strategies are used to ensure the film appeals to its target audience?

I think this movie is meant to appeal to that horror lover audience. But this movie does it in a special way by using a reverse scare tactic. People expect that gore and fright immediately but here things seem too normal. I think this is intentional as it gives the audience something new and breaks the conventions of horror.

6. How has technology been used effectively? You want to consider camera angles, transitions, and editing techniques.

Theres many shots depicted in the opening sequence like a wide show of the woods and the road, a close up of the man shaving, and a close up of the man's camera where you kind of get a little fear as its a spider. The editing which were constant cuts like the shots were pretty simple but I think because of how simple it is it impacts you to wonder what will happen next as this is supposed to be horror genre. 


Thanks for reading my blog , be back to see the next horror movie I pick and research their title use in their opening sequence!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard Blog

Storyboard Blog First Scene-  In the first scene, a couple is madly in love. They have just came off of a date and the girl has a rose in her hand given to her by her significant other. They are walking holding hands down the pathway.  Second Scene- In the second scene, the significant other breaks up with the girl. This absolutely crushes her and she becomes very emotional. She becomes this emotional not only because of the breakup but also because of how shocking and off guard it was.  Third Scene- In the Third scene , the girl turns to something that she always knows will make her feel better. She puts on her headphones to try to get over the heartbreak that her boyfriend just put her through and she is trying to cope with her feelings. Fourth Scene- After the girl puts on her headphones , she goes to her phone and turns on a song. This is the part where the music will come in and begin playing. She will begin playing the song “Save Your Tears” by The Weeknd, one of he...

Here's My Commercial!

Hello everyone, here is my commercial. I had a great time filming with my group. Make sure you guys support the Fort Lauderdale Mock Trial Team, you can follow us on Instagram @flhs.mocktrial !

Group Blog

 Hello everyone and thank you for finding my group blog for my music video. I had a group for my commercial which was composed of Mya, Kyra, and I. But, for this project our group has gotten smaller and is now composed of just Mya and I. Kyra decided she wanted to work with a new group this time which we fully respect and we both still are great friends with Kyra. I chose to continue working with Mya because of her work ethic. Mya is great when it comes to group project because she gets stuff done. When we did our commercial, Mya would always remind Kyra and I in a group chat when we had due dates for the commercials. Mya would also always get her part of the project done within enough time for the rest of us to review it and make any changes if we needed to but there were always hardly any changed needed to be made. Another reason I decided to work with Mya again was because of her leadership when filming. When we were filming our commercial Mya would take charge without taking ov...