Skip to main content

Oh No.. Time to Reflim!

Hi guys and welcome back to my blog! So, our group made a mistake. We had the time requirements wrong for our film. We initially thought that the movie had to be 4 minutes and 30 seconds long but we were wrong. We found out that the movie had to be closer to 5 minutes with just a small time interval leeway of less than 5 seconds. So, once we found this out, we tried to add in some stuff with film we already had. But, after trying, we realized it still wasn't enough. So, this led to us having to go back to the drawing board and re filming. Being that Kyra was on a time crunch with having to study , we couldn't film any scenes with her. So, the only idea that we came up with was to just film some establishing and foundational scenes that would only require me to be in them. So, I had to go back to Andres' house to film some more scenes. It was actually pretty funny because while filming originally I got food dye in my clothes. So, I had to wash my clothes and wear the same clothes that I originally wore when we first filmed. So I got to Andres' house and in total it probably took about an hour. But, we thought maybe this was a good way for us to get more types of shots and angles in our movie anyway. So , we decided that the easiest way to add time was just to show me getting home to start cooking. So, we filmed the car arriving in the driveway scene from 2 different angles to cut them and make it look more cool. It was actually Andres' driving, not me. But, we filmed that , filmed some more walking and me putting on the apron and by then we were sure we had enough film. Well, thats it for this blog , we are going to go back and edit this in to the film, and be back to see what the critics have to say!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FINAL TASK CCR BLOG

 Hey guys, here is my CCR based off my final task short film "The Glitch". It has been a crazy journey and I can't believe this is my final blog. This is Marvin signing off and until next time

"THE GLITCH" OPENING SEQUENCE

Hey guys and welcome back! It has been an insane journey and I can't believe that the movie is finished. There has been ups and downs with us having to remove parts, make up for time, and etc but, I hope you guys enjoy the final product and we did this to the best we could! Watch the opening sequence to our short film, "The Glitch" down below!

Editing Blog: Adding Scenes + Making Changes

 Hey guys and welcome back to my final production blog! You previously heard how I had my friends peer-review what I had for my short film so far. In the next blog, I post you guys will finally get to see the finishing product. In this blog I will tell you about the process I went through re-editing. I decided to re-edit because not only did we film more stuff but we also got feedback. I continued editing on the app CapCut on my phone because it was so easy to work with. First, I added in the new ending that we came up with. When editing though, I realized that the ending was kind of short. So throughout the rest of my editing I knew I had to make up for the timing in the titles. I made sure that I used the same effects on all the titles except for one. The one title that had a different effect was the actual title of the movie. I wanted to use a different effect for the title because I wanted to add a more enhanced glitch effect and the reason I did this is because I really want the v