Skip to main content

Production Blog: Filming Blog

 Hey guys and welcome back to my blog!  Guess what, we filmed! My group mate and I finally filmed. Mya and I filmed at Sawgrass Mall, a mall near both of our houses. Filming took about a two hours in total. We were on a time crunch so we had to hurry . The person we ended up using to play the kidnapper was both Mya and I's friend Joey. We picked Joey because  fit the type of person we wanted to play that character.  But, Joey ended up not being able to come last minute which we started to panic. The main problem we had when filming was finding a location. Specifically , it was hard for our group to find a family bathroom that fit how we wanted it to look. We wanted a family bathroom so that we can all go inside and film inside the bathroom with everyone helping out. We ended up not being able to find a family restroom. We looked all over the mall and couldn't find one and we all started to freak out. But, we couldn't make one appear so we just decided to scrap that scene as a whole. We thought about doing it in a dressing room but I thought it wouldn't look good. A part of the filming that was hard was the notification. This was hard because we wanted it to pop up at the same time on both of their phones. Also, we wanted the notification to look realistic as possible but we couldn't figure out so we're going to add the notification in within the editing process.  We ended up filming earlier than we expected because we had an early release day from school and everyone was available, there was also no school the next day and we were filming at night. Thank you for reading my blog, we had a great time filming and be back to hear about the editing and possible reshoot. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard Blog

Storyboard Blog First Scene-  In the first scene, a couple is madly in love. They have just came off of a date and the girl has a rose in her hand given to her by her significant other. They are walking holding hands down the pathway.  Second Scene- In the second scene, the significant other breaks up with the girl. This absolutely crushes her and she becomes very emotional. She becomes this emotional not only because of the breakup but also because of how shocking and off guard it was.  Third Scene- In the Third scene , the girl turns to something that she always knows will make her feel better. She puts on her headphones to try to get over the heartbreak that her boyfriend just put her through and she is trying to cope with her feelings. Fourth Scene- After the girl puts on her headphones , she goes to her phone and turns on a song. This is the part where the music will come in and begin playing. She will begin playing the song “Save Your Tears” by The Weeknd, one of he...

Intro Blog

Hello, I am Marvin and I am the son of a full Haitian dad and a full African-American mother. I am the oldest child out of all my siblings. On my mom's side I have a little sister named Malaysia and I have a 3 month old brother on my dad's side named Mayson. In the future, I hope to be a lawyer and maybe even go into politics.  I am not sure what type of lawyer I want to be yet due to the vast variety of types of lawyers there are or what law school I would want to go to. For undergraduate if I stay in state I for sure want to go to the University of Florida. If I'm being optomisitc, I would love to be able to go to an Ivy League school for undergraduate school but using my bright futures might be the best option. Right now, I am currently the Class of 2025 President and I am also apart of the Mock Trial Team. My favorite part of being on the mock trial team is the people for sure, they always have the best jokes and are very supportive of anything anyone does. I like being...

Production Blog

 Production Blog Welcome back to my blog everyone. Now that my group and I finished our filming aspect, there's one more aspect we need to do for our commercial. This aspect is to edit and put final touches. So, we edited this commercial in 1 day. I was not heavily involved in the editing process. My group mate Mya was definitely the main editor of our commercial. She edited the commercial and sent it to us via text message when she was finished. When watching the editing that she did, there were a few problems Kyra and I noticed. We noticed specifically a problem with the transitions. We could see that the transition from scene 4 to 5 cut of the words one of our subject was saying. When the subject was trying to introduce himself and say his name, the transition came in too quick. Kyra and I saw this and we asked Mya to fix it. Another thing I noticed was wrong with the commercial, was the lack of commercial feeling. By the lack of commercial feeling, I was specifically relating t...