Skip to main content

Fine-Tuning “Echoes of Awakening”

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! We’ve done it. We’ve planned, we filmed , and now we have edited. Now our plan was to distribute the movie to critics first before we actually submit the movie. But, before we do that I suggested a group meet up for fine tuning and final approval of our movie between the four of us. So, instead of meeting after school we decided to meet during our study halls this time. We thought this would be much more easier for the review process. So, our group met and we each came with our tasks to present to the group in its final product. There were a lot of reasons why I wanted to do this final group meet up. First , this was because we didn’t want our critics to focus on things that we could easily fix and see ourselves. Secondly, were we doing this for a class so we were going to get a grade which we wanted to make sure we had the best chance to maximize our score. Thirdly, it allowed us to make any final changes to sound/effects, the small things. So , we met up and each group mate came with their products. I was in charge of the website so I came with the finished website. Yasmin was in charge of the postcard marketing aspect so she brought the final design and Andres and Kyra both brought the film. So we first reviewed the marketing for the movie which would be the post card and website. After we reviewed this , our group wanted to make the postcard more cohesive with the website but this was an easy fix. All we had to do was change some colors and fonts around. Then we reviewed the movie and we decided to just lower the music a little bit for the ending scene. But, that’s it folks, after we talked some more, we were ready to begin distributing our film, thank you for reading my blog!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard Blog

Storyboard Blog First Scene-  In the first scene, a couple is madly in love. They have just came off of a date and the girl has a rose in her hand given to her by her significant other. They are walking holding hands down the pathway.  Second Scene- In the second scene, the significant other breaks up with the girl. This absolutely crushes her and she becomes very emotional. She becomes this emotional not only because of the breakup but also because of how shocking and off guard it was.  Third Scene- In the Third scene , the girl turns to something that she always knows will make her feel better. She puts on her headphones to try to get over the heartbreak that her boyfriend just put her through and she is trying to cope with her feelings. Fourth Scene- After the girl puts on her headphones , she goes to her phone and turns on a song. This is the part where the music will come in and begin playing. She will begin playing the song “Save Your Tears” by The Weeknd, one of he...

Intro Blog

Hello, I am Marvin and I am the son of a full Haitian dad and a full African-American mother. I am the oldest child out of all my siblings. On my mom's side I have a little sister named Malaysia and I have a 3 month old brother on my dad's side named Mayson. In the future, I hope to be a lawyer and maybe even go into politics.  I am not sure what type of lawyer I want to be yet due to the vast variety of types of lawyers there are or what law school I would want to go to. For undergraduate if I stay in state I for sure want to go to the University of Florida. If I'm being optomisitc, I would love to be able to go to an Ivy League school for undergraduate school but using my bright futures might be the best option. Right now, I am currently the Class of 2025 President and I am also apart of the Mock Trial Team. My favorite part of being on the mock trial team is the people for sure, they always have the best jokes and are very supportive of anything anyone does. I like being...

Production Blog

 Production Blog Welcome back to my blog everyone. Now that my group and I finished our filming aspect, there's one more aspect we need to do for our commercial. This aspect is to edit and put final touches. So, we edited this commercial in 1 day. I was not heavily involved in the editing process. My group mate Mya was definitely the main editor of our commercial. She edited the commercial and sent it to us via text message when she was finished. When watching the editing that she did, there were a few problems Kyra and I noticed. We noticed specifically a problem with the transitions. We could see that the transition from scene 4 to 5 cut of the words one of our subject was saying. When the subject was trying to introduce himself and say his name, the transition came in too quick. Kyra and I saw this and we asked Mya to fix it. Another thing I noticed was wrong with the commercial, was the lack of commercial feeling. By the lack of commercial feeling, I was specifically relating t...