Skip to main content

And the planning begins!

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! The last time you read I was researching for my short film. My group and I were doing things like comparing short films to its feature film version, looking at conventions of short films in our genre we chose (mystery), and etc. Now that my group and I have done the research it’s finally the time to start planning for our short film. So, in this blog, I wanted to talk to you guys about the ideas our group came up with when it comes to the scheduling, location, backup plans, and etc, for our film!

Schedule

So, for the schedule of our movie, we want to have it completely done and submitted by March 13th. By, this date we will have all of our marketing, editing, and filming done. So, our group decided to start filming around mid February. By filming in mid February, this will allow our group leniency. For example, if we forget to film a certain aspect of the movie, by having a month left, it will allow us to go back and refilm. Not only this but, by filming a month earlier, it will allow us to properly market our movie based on the footage we got and if we need to make any changes based on the footage, we are able to do so. Once, we film our movie, we want to start editing right away so that we know if we’re missing anything out of the storyline, if any shots we took have issues, or etc. We would also want to schedule to film on a weekend so our time isn’t limited by having school the next day and allows for more availability.

 Location

Up to now , our group hasn’t made the exact storyboard for our movie , meaning we don’t know the exact step by step of how our movie will play out. But, from our pitch and idea, we know that our movie is going to need multiple locations. From our pitch, we are going to have to film in a car. This would go towards our “car accident” aspect of our movie. We would also most likely film inside of a building for shots of the couple together. If possible, we would hope to be able to film inside of a hospital for the coma aspect of our movie. If we need any extra shots, that don’t require any special location, we would probably just film at one of the group members houses.

Participants

So like I said , for this film , we haven’t exactly story boarded anything for the movie so things could change. But thinking about our pitch , our movie will surround around one male character. Aside from the male character, we would need a supporting significant other female character and we would also need someone to play the medical staff depending on how much our group decides to delve into that aspect of our idea. We would also probably want some extras in the backgrounds of shots to make our film more realistic. All the people that we need, we would ask our friends, classmates, and etc.

Health and Safety

For health and safety purposes, we would take the upmost precaution. For example, for our car scene , if we decide to have the car actually moving in the shot , we would ,are sure to have the driver which would be the main character , wear a seatbelt. When filming in outside locations or inside buildings, we would also be safe. We would be safe by potentially telling a worker at this location that we are filming something and ask for permission to avoid any hazard issues. 


 Props & Costumes:

Props and costumes, we don’t think is going to be a big deal for our movie. As our genre is just a mystery genre. From the short films that we watched over the top costumes and props wasn’t really a big convention that we saw. So, we think that our actors would just wear normal clothing that is appropriate and more mature as they are playing roles of adult characters. Depending on how much we decide to develop the hospital aspect of our pitch, a costume we might have to look into is a hospital gown and a doctors coat. For props, these would just be props that match the hospital environment, if we are not able to film in a real hospital. 


 Well that’s the planning for our movie, thank you for reading our blog! Be back as our group is going to begin actually storyboarding our movie! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard Blog

Storyboard Blog First Scene-  In the first scene, a couple is madly in love. They have just came off of a date and the girl has a rose in her hand given to her by her significant other. They are walking holding hands down the pathway.  Second Scene- In the second scene, the significant other breaks up with the girl. This absolutely crushes her and she becomes very emotional. She becomes this emotional not only because of the breakup but also because of how shocking and off guard it was.  Third Scene- In the Third scene , the girl turns to something that she always knows will make her feel better. She puts on her headphones to try to get over the heartbreak that her boyfriend just put her through and she is trying to cope with her feelings. Fourth Scene- After the girl puts on her headphones , she goes to her phone and turns on a song. This is the part where the music will come in and begin playing. She will begin playing the song “Save Your Tears” by The Weeknd, one of he...

Intro Blog

Hello, I am Marvin and I am the son of a full Haitian dad and a full African-American mother. I am the oldest child out of all my siblings. On my mom's side I have a little sister named Malaysia and I have a 3 month old brother on my dad's side named Mayson. In the future, I hope to be a lawyer and maybe even go into politics.  I am not sure what type of lawyer I want to be yet due to the vast variety of types of lawyers there are or what law school I would want to go to. For undergraduate if I stay in state I for sure want to go to the University of Florida. If I'm being optomisitc, I would love to be able to go to an Ivy League school for undergraduate school but using my bright futures might be the best option. Right now, I am currently the Class of 2025 President and I am also apart of the Mock Trial Team. My favorite part of being on the mock trial team is the people for sure, they always have the best jokes and are very supportive of anything anyone does. I like being...

Production Blog

 Production Blog Welcome back to my blog everyone. Now that my group and I finished our filming aspect, there's one more aspect we need to do for our commercial. This aspect is to edit and put final touches. So, we edited this commercial in 1 day. I was not heavily involved in the editing process. My group mate Mya was definitely the main editor of our commercial. She edited the commercial and sent it to us via text message when she was finished. When watching the editing that she did, there were a few problems Kyra and I noticed. We noticed specifically a problem with the transitions. We could see that the transition from scene 4 to 5 cut of the words one of our subject was saying. When the subject was trying to introduce himself and say his name, the transition came in too quick. Kyra and I saw this and we asked Mya to fix it. Another thing I noticed was wrong with the commercial, was the lack of commercial feeling. By the lack of commercial feeling, I was specifically relating t...