Skip to main content

Genre Research: Horror

 Hey Guys and welcome back to my blog! Today, I'll be going over different genres starting with Horror.  Horror is a very distinct genre. In Horror movies , they tend to have a lot of different conventions from many other movies, and that's what makes it so unique. Horror movies tend to have very close, creepy hots. You'll not really see any far shots, like long or extreme long, because the focus is either on the subject to the fear or the fear itself. Lights, often dark. It's very dark in horror movies to help hone in on that suspense. Acting it depends. Usually the actors are always scared, but depending on the movie, the way that they portray that fear is different. Some will scream, some will just be terrified but not scream, and so-so. Movement in horror movies is very common. A lot of running is involved, it's all about them in this situation. Props are oftentimes the weapons the people or the horror character may have, like a gun, a knife, or something else. Makeup is very over the top sometimes, really driving that fear factor up. Sounds are very sharp, abrupt, and suspenseful to help contribute to the overall fear. Editing is very common, especially for things like blood, and effects. Things like and pans are also really utilized in these genres. There are many films like Train to Busan, It, and A Quiet Place are examples of horror movies that utilize these features. The elements i'd use are definitely the dark lights, the sharp sounds, and the camera cuts.What I wouldn't use, though, are the effects, as those are very over the top and would take a lot of experience to do.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog

Hello, I am Marvin and I am the son of a full Haitian dad and a full African-American mother. I am the oldest child out of all my siblings. On my mom's side I have a little sister named Malaysia and I have a 3 month old brother on my dad's side named Mayson. In the future, I hope to be a lawyer and maybe even go into politics.  I am not sure what type of lawyer I want to be yet due to the vast variety of types of lawyers there are or what law school I would want to go to. For undergraduate if I stay in state I for sure want to go to the University of Florida. If I'm being optomisitc, I would love to be able to go to an Ivy League school for undergraduate school but using my bright futures might be the best option. Right now, I am currently the Class of 2025 President and I am also apart of the Mock Trial Team. My favorite part of being on the mock trial team is the people for sure, they always have the best jokes and are very supportive of anything anyone does. I like being...

Storyboard Blog

Storyboard Blog First Scene-  In the first scene, a couple is madly in love. They have just came off of a date and the girl has a rose in her hand given to her by her significant other. They are walking holding hands down the pathway.  Second Scene- In the second scene, the significant other breaks up with the girl. This absolutely crushes her and she becomes very emotional. She becomes this emotional not only because of the breakup but also because of how shocking and off guard it was.  Third Scene- In the Third scene , the girl turns to something that she always knows will make her feel better. She puts on her headphones to try to get over the heartbreak that her boyfriend just put her through and she is trying to cope with her feelings. Fourth Scene- After the girl puts on her headphones , she goes to her phone and turns on a song. This is the part where the music will come in and begin playing. She will begin playing the song “Save Your Tears” by The Weeknd, one of he...

Production Blog

Hey everyone welcome back to my blog! Today I want to talk to you about a key part of my music video process. Specifically, I want to tell you how my group and I planned out our vision for our music video. I first started thinking of a vision when researching other pop songs music videos. I was looking and I knew that I wanted to tell a story with my music video. I didn't really come up with much. Now, it led to me and my group member Mya discussing visions. Mya and I discussed it over text messaging. So, we were thinking and suddenly an idea popped in my head. I pitched the idea to my Mya. Once, I pitched it Mya was on bored and liked it as well. I thought of the idea to do a breakup theme music video. Since our song was called "Save Your Tears", we wanted to incorporate that into our video. So, we for sure wanted to do a teardrop scene in our video. Mya and I listen to this song all the time. When we listen to it, it gives love vibes. So once I took the love vibe and th...