Skip to main content

Genre Research: Drama

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog. This is my last genre i will be researching and the lucky genre is : Drama!!! Drama is a very used type of genre across the film world. In Drama, common camera angles you see are  establishing Shot, long Shot, wide Shot, aerial Shot, high/low Angles, tracking Shot. In drama some type of Common Mis-En-Scene Outside environment, High Key Lighting, Props, Costumes. Lighting plays a big part in this as the lighting has to match the feel for the movie and in drama since it gives off the suspenseful feel , this is a huge part. The Common Editing includes Cutting, Eyeliner, Match, Action Match, Crosscutting, Slow Motion. Some type of Common sound Diegetic, Non-diegetic, Dialogue, Sound mix, and Ambient Sound.  Example films within the drama genre includes five feet apart, After, and the sun is also a star. Within the drama genre there are some things I like. But, while there are some things I like there are some things I don't like. For example, I like the dramatic emphasis in drama films. These dramatic emphasis happens in a fight, or car chase scenes. Especially the angles- shows everything. What I mean by this is in drama films they use those common angles to get across more of their message. I also love the excitement and thrills of dramas. The excitement always keep me on my toes and keep me engaged. It gives me a "what's going to happened next?" type feel. I also like how drama is such a broad genre , it has many different options. Something I don't like about drama is I feel while it is a broad genre, it requires very meticulous choices because it can give off the wrong emotion that is not intended by the director and the lack of meticulous input tends to be a problem. Well thank you for reading my blog on the illustrious genre that is drama if you come back and you will get to see what my final decision is on what type of genre I will use for my final task!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard Blog

Storyboard Blog First Scene-  In the first scene, a couple is madly in love. They have just came off of a date and the girl has a rose in her hand given to her by her significant other. They are walking holding hands down the pathway.  Second Scene- In the second scene, the significant other breaks up with the girl. This absolutely crushes her and she becomes very emotional. She becomes this emotional not only because of the breakup but also because of how shocking and off guard it was.  Third Scene- In the Third scene , the girl turns to something that she always knows will make her feel better. She puts on her headphones to try to get over the heartbreak that her boyfriend just put her through and she is trying to cope with her feelings. Fourth Scene- After the girl puts on her headphones , she goes to her phone and turns on a song. This is the part where the music will come in and begin playing. She will begin playing the song “Save Your Tears” by The Weeknd, one of he...

Here's My Commercial!

Hello everyone, here is my commercial. I had a great time filming with my group. Make sure you guys support the Fort Lauderdale Mock Trial Team, you can follow us on Instagram @flhs.mocktrial !

Group Blog

 Hello everyone and thank you for finding my group blog for my music video. I had a group for my commercial which was composed of Mya, Kyra, and I. But, for this project our group has gotten smaller and is now composed of just Mya and I. Kyra decided she wanted to work with a new group this time which we fully respect and we both still are great friends with Kyra. I chose to continue working with Mya because of her work ethic. Mya is great when it comes to group project because she gets stuff done. When we did our commercial, Mya would always remind Kyra and I in a group chat when we had due dates for the commercials. Mya would also always get her part of the project done within enough time for the rest of us to review it and make any changes if we needed to but there were always hardly any changed needed to be made. Another reason I decided to work with Mya again was because of her leadership when filming. When we were filming our commercial Mya would take charge without taking ov...