Skip to main content

Creative Critical Reflection Blog

CCR BLOG

 1. How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues? 

Our commercial product both uses and challenges commercial conventions. In normal school PSA's, they will usually have some type of message at the end. Within our commercial, we made sure to end our commercial with the message we wanted to get across which was to promote our mock trial team and we ended it with the introduction of all together as one. In one way it challenges conventions because usually school PSA's use normal clothing such as t-shirts, hoodies, pants, etc. Our commercial we took that typical clothing up a notch, and we wore our court attire because it matched more the school PSA we wanted to get across. I think our commercial represents social groups because it shows a group of people who are apart of a team and the group is diverse as well and shows representation.

2. How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text? 


I think our product engages with specific audiences because it gives a look into clubs on a high school campus more specifically a mock trial team that deals with law. I think this is a perfect way to help us distribute this as well into real text media. There are multiple different aspects, for the law aspect of the mock trial team I would distribute it on commercials through law-related shows. These are shows like "Judge Judy", "Law and Order", and etc. I think this would be helpful because mock trial is a creative aspect for those who are interested in law. For the educational aspect of our commercial due to it being based off of School PSA's, I think I would distribute it through high school introduction presentations or ads in educational based youtube channels. 


3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project? 


I definitely think my production skills developed through completing this project. I would say specifically through the filming process. When doing this project, I came across learning about the different types of shots and implementing them through film. Before this, I had no experience with filming but this project has led me to know about the different types of shots, sounds, and editing techniques. I would also say my skills of using what's around when filming when producing a production has improved because we had to do a lot of this when filming.


4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this  project? 


Within this project, we definitely integrated technology. When filming and getting the different shots, we used an iPhone 13 Pro Max to film. This phone not only allowed clear takes but allowed easy access to transfer film from what teammates' phone to another. We filmed on the phone in landscape mode. We also used apps like "iMovie" within this project. We used this to edit our presentation. This app, allowed for us to be able to transfer the finished, edited project to our teammates easily and it allowed us to edit with ease. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog

Hello, I am Marvin and I am the son of a full Haitian dad and a full African-American mother. I am the oldest child out of all my siblings. On my mom's side I have a little sister named Malaysia and I have a 3 month old brother on my dad's side named Mayson. In the future, I hope to be a lawyer and maybe even go into politics.  I am not sure what type of lawyer I want to be yet due to the vast variety of types of lawyers there are or what law school I would want to go to. For undergraduate if I stay in state I for sure want to go to the University of Florida. If I'm being optomisitc, I would love to be able to go to an Ivy League school for undergraduate school but using my bright futures might be the best option. Right now, I am currently the Class of 2025 President and I am also apart of the Mock Trial Team. My favorite part of being on the mock trial team is the people for sure, they always have the best jokes and are very supportive of anything anyone does. I like being...

Storyboard Blog

Storyboard Blog First Scene-  In the first scene, a couple is madly in love. They have just came off of a date and the girl has a rose in her hand given to her by her significant other. They are walking holding hands down the pathway.  Second Scene- In the second scene, the significant other breaks up with the girl. This absolutely crushes her and she becomes very emotional. She becomes this emotional not only because of the breakup but also because of how shocking and off guard it was.  Third Scene- In the Third scene , the girl turns to something that she always knows will make her feel better. She puts on her headphones to try to get over the heartbreak that her boyfriend just put her through and she is trying to cope with her feelings. Fourth Scene- After the girl puts on her headphones , she goes to her phone and turns on a song. This is the part where the music will come in and begin playing. She will begin playing the song “Save Your Tears” by The Weeknd, one of he...

Production Blog

Hey everyone welcome back to my blog! Today I want to talk to you about a key part of my music video process. Specifically, I want to tell you how my group and I planned out our vision for our music video. I first started thinking of a vision when researching other pop songs music videos. I was looking and I knew that I wanted to tell a story with my music video. I didn't really come up with much. Now, it led to me and my group member Mya discussing visions. Mya and I discussed it over text messaging. So, we were thinking and suddenly an idea popped in my head. I pitched the idea to my Mya. Once, I pitched it Mya was on bored and liked it as well. I thought of the idea to do a breakup theme music video. Since our song was called "Save Your Tears", we wanted to incorporate that into our video. So, we for sure wanted to do a teardrop scene in our video. Mya and I listen to this song all the time. When we listen to it, it gives love vibes. So once I took the love vibe and th...