Skip to main content

Comparing 9, the short, and 9, the full-length movie

 Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. The last time you saw me , I was researching genres. Now, I am beginning to research short films. In this film I will be comparing the short film “9” to its full length film version.

Short Film:

That was, to be honest, one of the spookiest movies I've seen in a while. Nobody spoke. It appeared as though this animated universe had been abandoned because the scene was dead. These two doll-like creatures, 5 and 9, with numbers on their backs, set the scene for the story. They encounter this mechanical beast, which resembles a cross between a dog and a lion in appearance but is entirely constructed of metal. It roars fiercely and has vivid green eyes. After kidnapping five, this monster kills him with a green portal device. He starts to take more pride in his persona. The ninth figure, the other one, fled in terror and went into hiding. Eventually, we witness number nine discovering these random objects that he assembles to create a torch. However, number nine uses a lightbulb to entice the monster into an abandoned cave-like environment, where he finds himself stuck on a large wooden plank. Just when it looks hopeless, number nine is able to swing off the plank, locate a safe spot, and then drop the monster off the plank onto the ground. Nevertheless, he saw that his green light was still shining. When number nine combined these two green icees, a glowing, ghostly doll shape started to emerge from the light. 

The movie's animation has some jerky moments. However, we have to keep in mind that it was created more than ten years ago. Over time, technology has advanced significantly.



Full film:

 When 9 comes to life, it discovers that it lives in a post-apocalyptic world where sentient rag dolls like itself and the machines that hunt them are the only traces of life. Humans have vanished from the planet. Despite being the youngest member of the gang, 9 persuades allies that stopping hiding, going on the attack, and discovering the machines' motivations for destroying them is the only way to live against the machines. As 9 and the others discover, society depends on their achievement or failure. It was, once more, a grim movie. The scene was really dismal. This time, though, the plot is more elaborate. His character gradually shifts as he gains self-assurance and motivation. Despite their similarities, this film is more action-packed and gives the character greater drive than the previous one. The director managed to portray such a powerful and courageous feeling on screen all without any actual words of dialogue. 


Comparison

Nine's personality traits were revealed in greater detail in the full-length film than in the short. This occurs as a result of the director's increased time to execute a more intricate and nuanced plot. But, I preferred the short film since it was more direct and concise, which is what I find more enjoyable. Both movies opened with a sense of pessimism because to their utilization of dark, post-apocalyptic settings. However, this laid the groundwork for a heroic plot that developed later. 


Thank you for reading my blog! Be back for more because the research continues !






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard Blog

Storyboard Blog First Scene-  In the first scene, a couple is madly in love. They have just came off of a date and the girl has a rose in her hand given to her by her significant other. They are walking holding hands down the pathway.  Second Scene- In the second scene, the significant other breaks up with the girl. This absolutely crushes her and she becomes very emotional. She becomes this emotional not only because of the breakup but also because of how shocking and off guard it was.  Third Scene- In the Third scene , the girl turns to something that she always knows will make her feel better. She puts on her headphones to try to get over the heartbreak that her boyfriend just put her through and she is trying to cope with her feelings. Fourth Scene- After the girl puts on her headphones , she goes to her phone and turns on a song. This is the part where the music will come in and begin playing. She will begin playing the song “Save Your Tears” by The Weeknd, one of he...

Intro Blog

Hello, I am Marvin and I am the son of a full Haitian dad and a full African-American mother. I am the oldest child out of all my siblings. On my mom's side I have a little sister named Malaysia and I have a 3 month old brother on my dad's side named Mayson. In the future, I hope to be a lawyer and maybe even go into politics.  I am not sure what type of lawyer I want to be yet due to the vast variety of types of lawyers there are or what law school I would want to go to. For undergraduate if I stay in state I for sure want to go to the University of Florida. If I'm being optomisitc, I would love to be able to go to an Ivy League school for undergraduate school but using my bright futures might be the best option. Right now, I am currently the Class of 2025 President and I am also apart of the Mock Trial Team. My favorite part of being on the mock trial team is the people for sure, they always have the best jokes and are very supportive of anything anyone does. I like being...

Production Blog

 Production Blog Welcome back to my blog everyone. Now that my group and I finished our filming aspect, there's one more aspect we need to do for our commercial. This aspect is to edit and put final touches. So, we edited this commercial in 1 day. I was not heavily involved in the editing process. My group mate Mya was definitely the main editor of our commercial. She edited the commercial and sent it to us via text message when she was finished. When watching the editing that she did, there were a few problems Kyra and I noticed. We noticed specifically a problem with the transitions. We could see that the transition from scene 4 to 5 cut of the words one of our subject was saying. When the subject was trying to introduce himself and say his name, the transition came in too quick. Kyra and I saw this and we asked Mya to fix it. Another thing I noticed was wrong with the commercial, was the lack of commercial feeling. By the lack of commercial feeling, I was specifically relating t...