Skip to main content

WHO AM I WORKING WITH?

Hi everyone it’s Marvin and welcome back to my blog! Now, I’m my last blog I got to reintroduce myself to you all but this blog is different. Since I’m in A level media now, I have to do a short task. But when doing a big project like that , you first have to think about who do you want to work with? Well, that’s what this blog is all about , you’re going to learn who I’m working with for my short film project! For my short film this time, I am working with my great friends Yasmin Harebin, Kyra Myers , and Andres Santana. As you can see , this time I  chose to work in a quad group. I chose to work with a quad because last time while I didn’t have to do the work alone, it was still a lot just working in a duo. Since this project is 2x double the work as last time , I felt I needed an even bigger group so that the work can be divided more equally between all of us. Now last time , I worked with my great friend , Mya, but I couldn’t work with her because she graduated last year. But , I am just as honored to work with my current group. I’m my group, not only will the work be more divided putting less work on all of us but, it’ll be easier for us to be collaborative for our film. What I mean by that is Andres and I have media studies at the same time and Kyra and Yasmin have media studies at the same time. So , for my last group , Mya and I didn’t have media at the same time so it was sometimes hard to work together because we were in different places. But, with this group I will be able to work with the, actually in class on our project and this will make us not procrastinate as much. Another reason why I’m glad I’m working with this group is because we can all use our strengths and put them together to make the best movie ever. For example, Kyra and I are very good at digital and creative design. This will be good because since this time we have to market our movie, we will come up with creative strategies to ensure an audience for our movie. On the other hand, Andres is very good at filming and editing and This will help us to make sure that our movie has all the genre elements within the editing process that we would want and with the angles we need to film. But, also yasmin is very good at directing she’s going to make sure that our movie storyline makes sense and that we have all the takes we need. With this group, I have no doubt that we will make an amazing film and work together so well while having fun in the process! This is Marvin , signing off !




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard Blog

Storyboard Blog First Scene-  In the first scene, a couple is madly in love. They have just came off of a date and the girl has a rose in her hand given to her by her significant other. They are walking holding hands down the pathway.  Second Scene- In the second scene, the significant other breaks up with the girl. This absolutely crushes her and she becomes very emotional. She becomes this emotional not only because of the breakup but also because of how shocking and off guard it was.  Third Scene- In the Third scene , the girl turns to something that she always knows will make her feel better. She puts on her headphones to try to get over the heartbreak that her boyfriend just put her through and she is trying to cope with her feelings. Fourth Scene- After the girl puts on her headphones , she goes to her phone and turns on a song. This is the part where the music will come in and begin playing. She will begin playing the song “Save Your Tears” by The Weeknd, one of he...

Production Blog

 Production Blog Welcome back to my blog everyone. Now that my group and I finished our filming aspect, there's one more aspect we need to do for our commercial. This aspect is to edit and put final touches. So, we edited this commercial in 1 day. I was not heavily involved in the editing process. My group mate Mya was definitely the main editor of our commercial. She edited the commercial and sent it to us via text message when she was finished. When watching the editing that she did, there were a few problems Kyra and I noticed. We noticed specifically a problem with the transitions. We could see that the transition from scene 4 to 5 cut of the words one of our subject was saying. When the subject was trying to introduce himself and say his name, the transition came in too quick. Kyra and I saw this and we asked Mya to fix it. Another thing I noticed was wrong with the commercial, was the lack of commercial feeling. By the lack of commercial feeling, I was specifically relating t...

Here's My Commercial!

Hello everyone, here is my commercial. I had a great time filming with my group. Make sure you guys support the Fort Lauderdale Mock Trial Team, you can follow us on Instagram @flhs.mocktrial !