Skip to main content

Genre Research: Insidious: The Last Key

 Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! Last time, I mentioned that I picked the horror genre for my research. Today, I am researching movies. I am researching movies that perfectly goes with the conventions of my chosen genre, horror. The first movie I will be researching is called "Insidious: The Last Key". "Insidious: The Last Key is a horror movie that was released in 2018. Many aspects of this movie were conventional to the horror genre. When I first start the movie the movie uses a first-person perspective. The use of first person type scenes immediately capture my attention. The scenes are really gritty and they have that conventional eerie sounds. These eerie sounds and the gritty scenes  build suspense and fear that show that horror genre. The dark lighting also plays a factor in this movie when it first begins as it uses that lighting which creates that engaging impact but also still be very terrifying as it should be .One of the most important aspects of this movie is the use of the giving that jump-scare aspect tot he viewer which is conventionally used in the horror genre. This is executed so well that it will undoubtedly leave you on the edge of your seat. The psychological horror trope is seen in this movie and it is also employed, adding depth and complexity to the storyline that sets this movie apart from others in the genre. In this movie another aspect I liked were the special effects which are used effectively for example, the use of green night-vision, which emphasizes the horror to great effect. The use of hidden objects and subtle details that are easily missed adds another layer of keep the audience on edge. However, I didn't like computer-generated effects and it was not as appealing to me. I prefer more natural makeup methods and effects, as they make the horror more believable and therefore more frightening. Overall, this movie is a must-see for horror fans who enjoy a mix of traditional and modern horror conventions. The use of various horror tropes, special effects, and a great storyline make Insidious: The Last Key a great movie conventionally matching the horror genre. Thank you for reading my research be back next time to see what movie I research next!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard Blog

Storyboard Blog First Scene-  In the first scene, a couple is madly in love. They have just came off of a date and the girl has a rose in her hand given to her by her significant other. They are walking holding hands down the pathway.  Second Scene- In the second scene, the significant other breaks up with the girl. This absolutely crushes her and she becomes very emotional. She becomes this emotional not only because of the breakup but also because of how shocking and off guard it was.  Third Scene- In the Third scene , the girl turns to something that she always knows will make her feel better. She puts on her headphones to try to get over the heartbreak that her boyfriend just put her through and she is trying to cope with her feelings. Fourth Scene- After the girl puts on her headphones , she goes to her phone and turns on a song. This is the part where the music will come in and begin playing. She will begin playing the song “Save Your Tears” by The Weeknd, one of he...

Here's My Commercial!

Hello everyone, here is my commercial. I had a great time filming with my group. Make sure you guys support the Fort Lauderdale Mock Trial Team, you can follow us on Instagram @flhs.mocktrial !

Group Blog

 Hello everyone and thank you for finding my group blog for my music video. I had a group for my commercial which was composed of Mya, Kyra, and I. But, for this project our group has gotten smaller and is now composed of just Mya and I. Kyra decided she wanted to work with a new group this time which we fully respect and we both still are great friends with Kyra. I chose to continue working with Mya because of her work ethic. Mya is great when it comes to group project because she gets stuff done. When we did our commercial, Mya would always remind Kyra and I in a group chat when we had due dates for the commercials. Mya would also always get her part of the project done within enough time for the rest of us to review it and make any changes if we needed to but there were always hardly any changed needed to be made. Another reason I decided to work with Mya again was because of her leadership when filming. When we were filming our commercial Mya would take charge without taking ov...